Christus Victor Ministries Becoming Reknew
Christus Victor Ministries is undergoing a transition to be more effective. Greg Boyd announced via email on 11.11.11 that Christus Victor Ministries will start with a name a change to “Reknew“. Along with the name change to Reknew they will then present a major overhaul of the website. Using the internet to reach out more effectively will give Reknew a greater platform.
This would of could be a great time for restating the vision and passion of the ministry. Even folks who are familiar with Greg Boyd may not be familiar with the official position that Christus Victor Ministries has taken so far. Here is an excerpt from the email that Greg Boyd sent out to announce the coming launch of Reknew.
To give you some context as to where we are in the 12-year story of CVM, we feel strongly that our message is needed nowmore than ever. The Good News of Jesus Christ continues to be crowded out by religion, politics, apathy, fundamentalism and theological determinism. We remain passionately called to promote:
• the incomparable beauty of God as revealed in Jesus Christ
• the awesomeness of divine sovereignty that is not threatened by human freedom
• the intellectual integrity of a biblically informed faith, unafraid of hard questions, uncertainty, or thinking outside the box
• the unique attractiveness of a humble, self-sacrificial Kingdom that has not been co-opted by worldly agendas.
To give you a brief sketch of our plans, we are launching a new website that will serve as a social hub and central repository of information, interaction, and inspiration for the many hungry searchers out there:
• thinkers with legitimate questions that modern Christianity is failing to answer
• believers increasingly uneasy with the inconsistencies in contemporary theology
• Jesus-followers alienated from a church that is overly focused on politics and power
• broken souls wondering where God is in the midst of their suffering.